Vox interviewed 8 GOP senators about the health bill, and their answers are real head scratchers

I once had the opportunity to discuss the state of national healthcare with a leading expert in healthcare macro-economics. He said he didn’t expect to see in his lifetime anything approaching a reasonable solution because of the genuine inability of the politicians to comprehend the connections between their unsupportable partisan platforms and the long-term implications of those positions.

2 Likes

If only this were an issue in which there were international examples to draw from. Sadly, being the only civilised country in the world, the USA is once again forced to explore this virgin territory without a map.

11 Likes

I’m fairly certain that something needs to be done about the exchanges; granted the GOP bill is not the correct answer by any means, I worry what will happen if nothing changes. The Republican bill will surely make things bad, and I have a fair amount of certainty that they’ll still blame it on Obama;" We had to rush it to save healthcare from exploding"

Ofcourse no one on the hill seems to want to hear the real answer to the problem.

Politicians first, public servants, never.

I’m going to start calling the AHCA the Chewbacca Bill from now on.

4 Likes

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must obfuscate.

Those are the rules.

“We know that it is wrong as such. We also know that the way we are doing it is wrong. too. But we are going ahead with it because reasons.”

Well, it’s certainly quite fuzzy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.