Vulnerabilities

Hmm, sounds useful, but I couldn’t find any place on that site where a person can actually conduct such a search…

2 Likes

The main page has it.

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Computer, this is Captain James Kirk of the USS Enterprise. Begin 30 second countdown. Code zero-zero-zero-destruct-zero .

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks to a security flaw in the spyware, these screenshots are available to anyone on the internet, not just the spyware’s intended users.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

6 Likes

[Hacked - The Perry Bible Fellowship (pbfcomics.com)]

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

“ Starlink provides broadband internet access to remote locations via an array of satellites.”

6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Nah…

2 Likes

As a non-Apple person who hopes to learn Linux soon, I’m relieved to read that this Recall feature isn’t on my computer yet. I feared that it gets installed already during updates, but if I’m reading right it appears that so far, the plan is for it to soon be part of new purchases of Windows.

For now, security researchers have been testing Recall in preview versions of the tool ahead of its expected launch later this month. Microsoft said it plans to integrate Recall on compatible Copilot+ PCs with the feature turned on by default. WIRED reached out to the company for comment on Forshaw’s findings about Recall’s security issues, but the company has yet to respond.

3 Likes

Um… wow… I wasn’t the only one to think Recall was a total privacy dumpster fire but this beat my already low expectations. Given Microsoft’s dodgy history with Skype surveillance (I can’t find a reference to the German research done a while back that revealed MS was reading Skype texts) I still suspect this “feature” was never intended to be benign.

Edit: @FGD135 Vielen Dank. Now… rumour has it that they record audio centrally and snapshot video every 60 seconds, a GWoT thing.

1 Like