Vulnerabilities

3 Likes
1 Like

And they’ve backed off a bit.

If you don’t proactively choose to turn it on, it will be off by default.

That they thought this was a good idea in the first place tells me everything I need to know.

5 Likes
3 Likes

This morning I got a warning that someone had logged into my Spotify account in the US. It’s the first time I get such a notification and it wasn’t actually me logging in from a new device. I immediately changed the password from an easy to guess one from the days before I had a password manager to a 30 character randomly generated one and logged out of every account. As users we do have the tools to do these things these days, we just have to use them.

3 Likes

Doubly prophetic!

5 Likes
1 Like

Cheating husband sues Apple after wife discovered ‘deleted’ messages sent to sex workers

Sucks to be you.

7 Likes

On the one hand: you, sir, are a dick and you get no sympathy.

On the other hand, next time it will be an LGBTQI+ person who is outed, or a woman seeking birth control, or a political/religious minority person with actual fear for their life (as opposed to the eternally aggrieved far right hordes who keep claiming that they are at every opportunity).

Sucks to be that guy, but there’s also a critical failure going there.

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

From the vault of unexpected dependencies:

Every Subaru with Starlink that was sold in a range of a few years needs to be serviced by the dealer. Why?
When AT&T shut down their 3G towers, the car’s DCM fails in a mode where it triggers a vampire drain on the car battery.

Extrapolate from this fun experience a future where nearly every device on the planet needs to connect to a cloud service to work. I’m sure these things will all live long, fruitful lives, right? :joy:

Side note: Everybody at the dealer was working on paper because of the recent CDK ransomware attack.

(Not Musk’s Starlink, another one.)

4 Likes

Vincent Price Halloween GIF

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes