19 Likes

What? Why? What the fuck?
I just can’t I need relief
Rabbit hole we’re there

12 Likes

psst there is an official thread…

6 Likes

Meh. Still okay in my book.

You’d also think that religious believers would be aware that in doing things like this, they sin.

According to Leviticus, anyway: 19:13: You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired worker shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

And Deuteronomy 24:14-15, pretty damning: You shall not oppress a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether he is one of your brothers or one of the sojourners who are in your land within your towns. You shall give him his wages on the same day, before the sun sets (for he is poor and counts on it), lest he cry against you to the Lord, and you be guilty of sin.

Or James 5:4: Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.

13 Likes

Tiny hands glow orange.
Anger drips from word salad.
Is it over yet?

10 Likes

You are much too kind. I am at best a hack.

But you are certainly right about the syllables.

4 Likes

Where do they go to
The bad dreams of the angry?
Into the sunset.

End of the battle
Mountains shrouded in mist, and
Sunset is orange.

World keeps its axle
Churning mud and diamonds
Conqueror returns

Back to the ruins
Back to fading business
Vacuous towers.

Ozymandias
Lies on the sand, passing poet
Has inspiration.

10 Likes

“Don’t try the veal.”

2 Likes

That’s kind of problematic if he’s working the dinner service.

2 Likes

Stewed with some tomatoes and a little bacon, oh my!

4 Likes

That’s from my Bar Mitzvah parsha (portion) actually, and it is generally accepted to mean, due to the original agricultural context, at present “pay up at the end of the workday or other agreed-upon payment period, but promptly and in full.”

10 Likes

Generally payment’s due at the completion of the meal, regardless of the hour.

2 Likes

True story: I work at a library and one day, a co-worker, patron, and I were having a discussion about a book about Jesus. The patron mentioned that there’s little information about what Jesus may have done between the ages of 12 and 30 and 18 years, more than half his life, leaves a lot of room for speculation.

So, I mentioned that one theory was that he traveled to India and studied Buddhism. About three seconds after this, a woman who was obviously eavesdropping, came to the desk and announced that Jesus could not have gone to India since that isn’t in the Bible and if it isn’t in the Bible, it didn’t happen.

I calmly smiled at her and asked, “Do you believe Jesus had a bowel movement?”

She looked at me and huffed with shock. “What kind of a question is that?” she asked.

“A fair one,” I replied, “Given it seems to be your position that if the Bible doesn’t report it, it didn’t happen.”

She left in a dither, mumbling about reporting me to my manager.

My manager, meanwhile, was the co-worker with whom we were discussing this and after the woman left, busted a gut laughing and told me, “I’ll have to remember that one.”

14 Likes

Sure he did. Where do you think the phrase “holy shit” comes from?

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.