Waitress receives tip: God wants you to go home and cook

My treasure is in heaven, but I have bills to pay on earth.

7 Likes

Fuck’n BINGO!

9 Likes

Except that “Deplorables Basket” does not exist.

2 Likes

What you really need is a broaster. You can fry and boil at the same time!

6 Likes

Okra = GROSS!

6 Likes

That whole thing is going into a song, You bet’cha!

7 Likes

FTFY

(That’s how I usually see it spelled in a diatribe or a jeremiad)

7 Likes

the Watley’s…what?

3 Likes

What are the chances they used all the ink in the waitress’ own pen to write this drivel?

I hope they are regulars and flagged at said Cracker Barrel.

5 Likes

The Waitress was the victim of Authentic Frontier Gibberish.

14 Likes

Arrrrrghhh! My eyes! The spellings…the punctuate’s…the apropostorphes! They hurty.

14 Likes

Love your neighbour as yourself
?

Admittedly the “Watley’s” probably believe they are doing that.

In the UK we call that counterfeit money. Any person trying to pass it off as real money can spend up to the next ten years thinking about their religion while sitting in a prison cell.

19 Likes

You don’t need a deep fat fryer. A shallow frying pan works just fine, although learning to flip the entire batch over in a single go, like a giant pancake, takes a little time.

9 Likes

I’ve never had fried okra until last year, been curious about it for white some time. I wouldn’t consider it gross, but it doesn’t have much taste to it and the texture and mouth feel certainly is unique onto itself. But for whatever reason i can’t explain i dig it, last few times i’ve gone out to eat lunch with coworkers i’ve ordered myself some fried okra and quite enjoyed them.
I’m quite aware of the reputation the food has though and i would hardly recommend it to someone unless they were adventurous.

6 Likes

A good deep cast iron pan or thick walled metal pan will work out pretty well for frying. My mom hates having to fuss over cast iron pans with the cleaning and oiling so she uses a fairly thick pan instead.

5 Likes

i wonder if people will ever get tired of buying into this internet “finding of assholes to bonmot-edly vent on” dynamic? To me this waitress napkin bit smells phoney, but even if it isn’t, the world is full of assholes. There will always be assholes. Yes, your responses show that you’re cool and probably not assholes yourselves. But this constant finding of things to be outraged about: doesn’t it get tiresome after a while? For any of you? I’m not judging, just wondering. I find it exhausting and disheartening myself. And I’m not even usually an active participant. Whew.

2 Likes

Yes it does get tiresome, but now that I’m here…

8 Likes

Having spent all that on a pen, it’s no wonder the note’s author couldn’t leave a tip!

7 Likes

The “help make America great again” was a nice hint that this is a quick look into the minds of Trump supporters.

9 Likes

Of course not! Did you see what the tips are made of?!

The pen nib is made from rhodium-plated 18-carat gold

4 Likes