Walken Closet was my favorite Superbowl ad

I was rather fond of the Ryanville Hyundai ad…mostly because something something Deadpool…

Well nothing goes together better than football and fucking, right? :-/

Speaking of which, did this PETA ad really appear on national television?? (Oh, since it’s Monday morning, this is probably NSFW)

1 Like

Exactly my thought!

1 Like

On one hand ‘Walken Closet’ is a brilliant pun.

On the other hand, who thought “It’s like the world’s most exciting pair of socks!” was a valid selling point for anything? (Other than socks.)

1 Like

I found that ludicrous too. “Stand out” in a bland white car? The “desaturation” of American autos is indeed a bizarre thing, the rare actual color on the road is what stands out. We have a Kia Soul, but a red base was unavailable at the time, so it’s a boring as cornflakes gunmetal, like half the freaking cars on the road.

2 Likes

@Papasan, do you have a single brother?

Q: What’s the difference between the girlfriend, the hooker and the wife?

A: The girlfriend says, “You’re not done yet!”
The hooker says, “Are you done yet?”
The wife says, “Beige! I think I’ll paint the ceiling beige!”

3 Likes

5 Likes

Four Magic Words:

Professional Driver. Closed Course.

Sometimes followed up by

Do not Attempt.

I found the hot dog wrapped dachshunds running to the ketchup and mustard wrapped people pretty damn cute. Especially with the little kid being a ketchup packet.

3 Likes

I read that PETA claimed to have submitted it to the network, but it was never approved— yet another decision depriving Americans the opportunity to invert their current prudishness towards sex and lust for violence.

3 Likes

With many, many products, that’s exactly how it works.

Is Coca-Cola, the brown-colored, carbonated sugar water that dominates the Earth, really that spectacular, on its own or compared to its other brown-colored, carbonated sugar water competitors? What about the numerous, overpriced “smart”-water brands, which are nothing but water?

It’s (almost) all marketing. Which works.

===
EDIT: Except for Apple. With Apple, marketing is incidental. Every Apple product is a truly superior product that’s worth every penny. Apple is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful institution I’ve ever known in my life.

1 Like

Better fucking than rioting.
http://www.wtae.com/video/veuer/denver-super-bowl-celebrations-end-with-pepper-spray/37878026

2 Likes

I watched episodes of 80’s sitcoms instead.

2 Likes

@newliminted, do you have a single brother?

Execution really is everything. Stupid ad. Stupid concept. Outrageously good and well done.

1 Like

Every ad they aired was better than the Mountain Dew Island of Doctor Moreau ad.

Someone I was with remarked that the ad would have been better if the viewer were stoned. I was, and it still sucked.

2 Likes

Obviously the police should have dealt with the situation by telling the crowd “You heard the commercials, now go home and have unprotected sex.”

1 Like

He is not married, if that’s what you mean.

May I just clarify, with the data I have carefully (some might say scrupulously) researched over the past thirty years as a person living exclusively in the British isles; lager cold, even ice cold; ales, cooler than room temperature but not warm nor cold. A fine ale is to be savoured and chilling it would be detrimental. Think of it as eating a delicious soup or stew whilst it is scalding hot - you can’t taste a thing. A good ale is a meal in a glass.

3 Likes