Walmart heiress donated $378,400 to Hillary Clinton campaign and PACs

@IronEdithKidd, you are now officially on triple-secret probation!

Tool.//

Canā€™t tell if joke or serious. Someone help me out please - is this pro Bernie or against? Both?

I first saw it in connection with a story about Bernie having argued against a trade agreement with Panama, and there was some argument that Bernie would have had the foresight to avoid the Panama tax haven situation. So, Iā€™ve seen it as pro-Bernie and serious.

Not super sure about how it relates to the Hillary / Walmart connection.

8 Likes

Here is an abc news report on her being on the Walmart board. https://youtu.be/yuZhwV24PmM

This relentless program of anti-Hillary, pro-Bernie propaganda is becoming annoying.

We get it, Cory.

You feel the Bern.

Letā€™s just hope you donā€™t make America great again.

Trump drinks dolphin blood.

4 Likes

Iā€™d feel better, for several reasons, if there were more videos of Bernie successfully stopping those mistakes.

2 Likes

Fuckall is about the size of it, but I suspect sheā€™ll do even less. You know what? Fuck it. If the Dems donā€™t like it when independents run in their races, we shouldnā€™t run in their races. We should just split the vote and see how much they enjoy that cake that theyā€™re begging to have and eat.

3 Likes

Keep hope aliveā€¦

1 Like

As opposed to the opposite in every other venue?

6 Likes

They remain more compelling than Clinton helping to implement said mistakes.

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been thinking, that this is in relation to the Panama Papers.

But, in my mind it just makes Bernie look like he canā€™t get anything done - he warned us about Panama, but what has he done to stop/change it? Itā€™s great that you can go home at the end of the day and say to yourself that youā€™ve kept your morals, but if you donā€™t actually achieve anything, does it matter in the end? I know currently the result of ā€˜achieving somethingā€™ in a perverse sick mess, but the whole point of congress is to work together to get something done.

Slightly off-topicā€¦ The whole Panama Papers coverage is really starting to agitate me (get off my lawn, etc etc). Is it really news that rich people hide things offshore in places that cater to such things? The interesting stuff is how they are doing it to skirt tax/law enforcement, whereā€™s THAT coverage.

Letā€™s imagine you saw someone speak truth to power.

Now what if you could give power to truth?

Youā€™d vote Bernie.

As for the panama papers, the fact is that people hearing a rumour that I donā€™t wash my penis is way different from me taking it out, jumping on the table and dipping it in their soup.

Leaks demonstrating that it isnā€™t just a few bad apples but a burgeoning disaster of unfunded services by tax avoidance is good pressure for addressing a problem.

6 Likes

I get that, but what naive fool would believe that ā€˜the partyā€™ (Democrat, Republican, Green, Libertarian, any party) would choose to not throw their support behind their own rank and file.

Seriously, how can this be news to anyone??

For gods sake, vote in the congressional elections, and even better vote in elections down the whole line, right down to city councilors. The only way to change the system is to push people up through it that will do something different. Changing the entire ā€˜partyā€™ by electing one figure head isnā€™t going to happen.

(Yes, Iā€™ve been regurgitating this ramble since Obama was elected and people were upset that unicorns and rainbows didnā€™t appear overnight)

Damn you, now I have Robā€™s penis on my mind. Sadly, I fully expect the scenario you describe to actually have been performed by him, bless his soul.

But, the president doesnā€™t really have that much power. He would have to work with congress to get things done, and to me it feels like heā€™d be stonewalled by both parties. Something like Obama vs. Republicans, but on an even bigger scale, and Obama didnā€™t get along with the Democrats all the time either.

I guess the short version is, yes, we can give power to the truth, but the truth wouldnā€™t have any power to enact the truth.

Surprise, there are laws governing what the (potential - not sure if she quit before or after the election) first lady can do, and Iā€™m going to guess that sitting on corporate boards is not one of them.

Yeah, Iā€™m sure it will be completely different for a President Clintonā€¦

4 Likes

Trump is actually a colony of malevolent nanites that have assumed nominally human form.

it explains so much

2 Likes