Wandavision director rumored to helm the MCU's Fantastic Four film

Originally published at: Wandavision director rumored to helm the MCU's Fantastic Four film | Boing Boing

There’s an argument to be made that the episodic format of a television show lends itself better to the storytelling structure in the comic book source material than a feature film does.

The limiting factor used to be the production budgets and visual effects available for television vs. film, but nowadays it’s common to see TV shows with production values on par with the big-budget blockbuster films of the not-too-distant past.

10 Likes

But he left the next Star Trek movie for it. Grrrr.

It was supposed to be out in December 2023. The last one was 2016.

3 Likes

Yes, I completely echo this statement. I love the movies, but the need to always have some large-scale conflict be both introduced and then wrapped up within a 120 minute runtime is extremely limiting in my opinion. Giving a show nearly twice that amount of total runtime and then drip feeding it on a weekly basis not only drives a longer period of audience engagement but also gives far more time to introduce the plot and characters and bring everything to a conclusion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.