Wanting help trying to get motivated for writing

To be less wordy and far less kind it sounds a lot like ‘shit or get off the pot.’

Good advice actually. Don’t get me wrong when I can force everything else down to a dull roar it’s fun, but it’s hard for me to focus for the up in the witness of everyone else.

Plus cutting down on potential hobbies to what I am actually able to do being depressingly small kinda takes the fun out of it.

And as of right now I cannot afford an agent, or editor, or really doing anything to monitize. See also ‘can only make an insultingly little amount of money’ and then there’s the fact I spend six months editing (and mistakes still existing) and shop thing around, go hey I wrote thing til people were sick of it and even amongst the circles that sounded interested? ‘Oh that’s nice.’ And then moving on to whatever flavor of the moment.

Yet at the same time when I’m able to actually Do it feels great. I can drag words out. I can sketch and do spitball !material but actually relaxing and doing is elusive at best.

I appreciate everyone’s patiance in this thread. I went in thinking I’d basically get a more polite form of ‘oh woe is me OH WOE IS MEEEEE grow up ya sod.’

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.