War criminal Henry Kissinger: "AI is the end of the Enlightenment"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/18/unconstitutional-takes-longer.html

3 Likes

Nope, sorry, Henry, that is your Dunning-Kruger talking. People working in AI will typically have far greater knowledge of philosophy than you have of technology - although if you’d left it at politics, you might have had a point.

14 Likes

MAIGA?

2 Likes

kissinger_nose_small

11 Likes

If you used DuckDuckGo for searches you wouldn’t have to worry about “tailored search engine results”

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m looking for a search engine that will let me use boolean expressions and regexes (like, once upon a time, Google did).

9 Likes
  1. The Peace Prize winner?

2. I didn’t know he was alive.

3. It seems many people want to defend AI here, unless we are talking about using them in weapons.

When you do this, “truth becomes relative” (because we see tailored search engine results) and “information threatens to overwhelm wisdom” (I think this is war-criminalese for “reality has a well-known left-wing bias”).

It’s funny Cory goes straight to this, yet is hyper critical with Facebook and other social media creating echo chambers. I get it, he doesn’t like Kissinger. But sometimes people you don’t like can still make a point that one should agree with if they were trying to be consistent with their ideals (even if some of the rest of the statements one could argue against.)

14 Likes

I’m sure the SAS are more than capable of killing Henry Kissinger. They just don’t want to.

7 Likes

As with any elite military force, what individual SAS members think or want is often at odds with what they actually do.

2 Likes

True, but I expect the lack of desire to take out Kissinger is at an institutional level as well as an individual one.

2 Likes

Well Garry Kasparov is high on AI. Between the two of them there might be a realistic perspective. It’s not all death, it’s not all rainbows. I think the likelihood is it’ll empower somebody who isn’t you (for most values of you), while benefits will trickle down in the usual way.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t tell if Cory’s pissed because of material disagreement, or the fact that Kissenger is making basically the same argument, but from a different ideological valance.

8 Likes

“tied to Moore’s Law”

1 Like

And Google’s motto used to be, “Do no evil!” Those were the days, eh?

3 Likes

Oh! I thought SAS was a programming language. I’ve been coding in it since 1996!

3 Likes

Bravo on the image. Double Kubrick!

2 Likes

I’m worried about AI too. I’m sorry, but there is no way Spielberg will be able to properly express Kubrick’s original vision. I hope they just never release the movie.

11 Likes

Ooohh… nooo…

OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!

(I have bad news for you.)

4 Likes

Kissinger still isn’t dead yet?

10 Likes