Warning: Pokemon GO is a Death Sentence if you are a Black Man

Been out yesterday with my dog with Go; caught a few pokemon, but have to retreat due to the fact that I went out too early and my dog got tired.

But this article came up and I figure it was worth a bump to continue our discussion on how rising racial tension and systematic oppression discouraged African Americans from playing “Pokemon GO”. As I stated before, any of the suggestions listed so far is rendered moot due to 2 factors:

• Segregation still exist due to schemes created by vengeful aristocrats wanting to make the slave descendent’s live miserable (though it was less extreme than the days of yore).
  • The stereotype created from said segregation that equates African Americans to the poor citizens that resort to crime to make a living, especially when the “ghetto” continues to be populated by “minorities”.

These two create a perfect storm of paranoid policemen going after negroes like they’re vicious animals, when all they wanted is to live as much of a prosperous life than their light skin cousins. And even if we did manage to achieve said prosperity, we’re still hunted under the assumption that we got ties to gang members.

2 Likes