Wash. state government building censors Leonard Peltier art

Why are law enforcement types so fond of “stick head in sand” as a fundamental tenant?

Well, beats squarely the alternative - closing part of a city, changing tram routes, blowing a car window, and finding… camping supplies. Morons. Happened here today.

Or some smaller scale maneuvers because of a car parked near some lecture place, with french plates and something that looked like a gun case inside. It was a paddle case and the car belonged to some French boating champion. Two days ago.

Terrornoia at its finest.

THIS is what I fear. Not the terrorists themselves.

3 Likes

Animal-rights activists were not well-pleased.

2 Likes

My first unfortunate glance saw that as “unfortunately placed Hole”

1 Like

The Anal Interloper series is a much more complex, if harder to understand riff on the genre. Combining cinematography similar to Koyaanisqatsi and a score lead by John Zorn, it really plumbs the depths of the symbolism and meaning of the Anal movement.

My favorite scene is when John Hurt is scene paddling through the amazon wearing a faux Sgt. Peppers Beetles outfit in a canoe, screaming at the injustice of man. Of course the jump scene from that was a tad… Crass. But art is as they say art.

1 Like

Throughout the South, Murals and Statues are being from removed from public spaces. …and rightly so.
Because they are offensive to some people
In the case of this artist his work is considered offensive for his association with a group that supported killing FBI agents.

Now…here’s the question. Why is one considered censorship…(because it offends law enforcement)…and the other is considered the right thing to do because the Civil War was bad.

To me it seems like it’s not censorship to remove things I don’t agree with (A Robert E Lee Statue)…but to remove things I agree with is censorship.

This is the can of worms we’ve opened. It’s undeniable that the works displayed are offensive to “Some People”…but apparently…it’s not offensive to the right kind of people—so it’s censorship.

Well, art is art, isn’t it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh… Now you tell me what you know.

2 Likes

See my comment above. Nobody is saying that removing Confederate murals isn’t censorship. That and this are both censorship. Censorship isn’t always bad.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.