Washington state government tweets photo of Bigfoot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/24/washington-state-government-tw.html

4 Likes

How could anyone claim that this was a person? It’s…squints at photo…literally hundreds of feet from the nearest well-traveled road! You tell me how a human being could possible get so far from civilization?

16 Likes

She’s an entwife. You can see her fading in and out of tree-ish state.

5 Likes

Dude, “Bigfoot” is not the preferred nomenclature. “Sasquatch”, please.

11 Likes

Without smell-o-vision we can’t confirm that they smell like Pine Tar (or Bay Rum).

4 Likes

I don’t want to say this has anything to do with the timing of Denny Heck retiring.

1 Like

And come on! It’s wearing a backpack. Humans don’t do that. Gotta be squatch.

Last time I saw something like this a skier came forward claiming to be the subject of the photo. As if there’d be skiers in the unexplored, isolated reaches of a ski resort.

6 Likes

Was it a coincidence that @pesco posted this?

I think not :exclamation:

10 Likes

@pesco caught on camera while on vacation in WA state.

7 Likes

I’m most curious why he thinks superstition has anything to do with Bigfoot? When did sasquatch become bad luck?

And while we’re at it, how does Peter Parker always get the best Spiderman pictures? :thinking:

9 Likes

Bigfoot

10 Likes

Well, that’s very cute for a government office.

5 Likes

I know a moose when I see one, and that, my friends, is a goose. Well, more precisely, three gooses stacked up in a trench coat.

5 Likes

WSDOT has a lot of Twitter humorists on staff.

1 Like

Now with video!
https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/state/article239605373.html

Hello,

From looking at the photo and then the video in the Bellingham Herald, it appears to be a person wearing boots. The photo, which shows a “blob” or protrusion behind the head at the base of the neck is exactly in the same position and shape as a hoodie is when a person is walking and is not wearing it.

While it would be nice to have incontrovertible evidence of a cryptid, this clearly looks like a human being.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.