Washington State seeks to outlaw "dwarf-tossing" at bars and strip clubs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/25/washington-state-seeks-to-outl.html

3 Likes

Peter Jackson just haaaad to put that one joke in.

dwarf-toss

ETA: and then the callback to said joke.

8 Likes

I shouldn’t be surprised but… this is a thing?

18 Likes

Alternate rule: all little people licenced to carry battle axes in any venue.

10 Likes

That’s still a thing?

WTF is wrong with some folks?

14 Likes

I know.

This is giving me Real People flashbacks.

5 Likes

So, only people with dwarfism would be denied their right to be to tossed? But all others would continue to be allowed to partake? Seems blatantly like discrimination.

6 Likes

I dunno - on one hand it sounds stupid and possibly demeaning. Kinda like stripping. On the other hand if people want to paid to get tossed onto a wall/take off their clothes, who am I to say no?

ETA - In before someone suggests tossing naked little people.

3 Likes

end-of-civ

17 Likes

As mentioned in the post, it has more to do with their physiology and higher propensity for neck and spine injuries. So its more of a safety/health issue than taking a moral stand. However i do think its very demeaning.

9 Likes

I uh… huh.

3 Likes

Dammit. I guess I’m going to have to find something else to do tonight…

2 Likes

Peter Dinklage made mention of this during his 2012 Golden Globes acceptance speech. The man was permanently crippled, and no arrests were made.

21 Likes

On the flip side, we do have really, really good legal weed AND ax throwing in bars. PNW4EVER

2 Likes

Passing through an eastern Oregon town, I stopped at a pub for lunch and saw a sign advertising a Dwarf toss later that night.

I almost stayed to participate. Seemed like it could be fun provided nobody was being forced into being the projectile.

Do they actually have this in strip clubs??? What an odd combination.

1 Like

The nanny state strikes again. What’s next, banning the traditional rural Washington tweak-off?

2 Likes

There are so many more important things for any legislature to protect us from. I almost wonder if Republicans thought this up to splinter Democrats.

There are still children in cages in the desert.

1 Like

right. my hulk hogan look-alike tossing game has never been better.

1 Like

What next? Outlawing lawn darts and Kinder Surprise?

On a serious note - we can’t toss dwarfs in a bar, but it is perfectly fine for young women to get sloshed and enter wet t-shirt contests (a whole other demeaning act that needs to go).