Watch 12-year-old Nandi Bushell nail Neil Peart's drumming on Rush's "Tom Sawyer"

Wow. Just wow.

11 Likes

It reminded me of watching Jo Jones, in that I’m watching and thinking “I should approach everything that I do with that same attitude.”

6 Likes
8 Likes

Well yeah…I’m a rarity: a female Rush fan.

We used to “pray to the Holy Trinity of Canada” as we left for work each morning back in the 80s :nerd_face:

13 Likes

By gum, young Nandi certainly can drum! And with great aplomb.

4 Likes

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Waaaay back in high school, my gf introduced me to Rush. I liked 'em a lot, but never the way she did.

12 Likes

I hate her for how she can smile and make that shredding look so bloody easy.

Worth noting (as a drummer) how she grips very low on her sticks. So there’s not much of any fulcrum at work while making those consistent 16th notes look like a walk in the park. So nearly all wrist work, which requires greater than usual strength and stamina. She is something to behold.

9 Likes

Anyone else misheard “This one’s for you Professor Potts” like she’d fast-tracked a scholarship to Hogwarts to get that good? :“Expecto drum-o! …Tom Sawyer, Maestro?” crazy_face:

Professor Peart, yeah, I know now.

1 Like

Ah, memories.

Thanks, Nandi!

pineapple express smoking GIF

8 Likes

At age 12, she is cooler than I have ever been or will ever be, and I’m okay with that.

8 Likes

Love watching her play!

3 Likes

Moi8Rpr

:wink:

10 Likes

Another female Rush fan chiming in. There’s never a line for the ladies room at a Rush show, but if you run into anyone it’s easy to make friends.

That was incredibly fun to watch; I hope Nandi holds onto that enthusiasm forever. She’s already great, and seems destined for legend status.

10 Likes

Criminies! I’ll be she could nail YYZ. Time to get the band together again. You listening? Alex? Geddy?
Imagine Nandi Bushnell, Rachel Flowers, and Yasi Hofer together in a performance. Jesu Cristo! Make-a de ganglia twitch!

2 Likes

See above… :laughing:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.