Watch 12-year-old Nandi Bushell nail Neil Peart's drumming on Rush's "Tom Sawyer"

Originally published at: Watch 12-year-old Nandi Bushell nail Neil Peart's drumming on Rush's "Tom Sawyer" | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Love, love, LOVE this young lady!!!

She should do some Tony Allen next…

33 Likes

NANDI!!!

Rock on, gurl…

24 Likes

Like Alex and Geddy are always saying, there are generations of fans. And it will continue.

She sure is having fun with this!

19 Likes

My heart grew when I heard her hit those flams and bass drum rolls. And - my god, did she sail through that tricky solo section with aplomb!

22 Likes

She continues to get better and better with every passing year. She was already amazing at 9, but now her drumming is smoother and more controlled while still retaining all the skill and passion. Always a joy to see her playing, even when the pieces aren’t ones I particular care for (Rush is fine, just not my general wheelhouse of musical love).

18 Likes

She did it as a challenge, because Rush’s drummer claimed it was so difficult…

:slight_smile:

22 Likes

I have great respect for those who challenge themselves, especially when you just know they’re going to nail it. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Holy shit, that was awesome. Her smiles had me giggling! That’s some pure joy right there.

22 Likes

This little girl gives me the biggest grins! Barefoot drummin, gotta love it!!

12 Likes

For those about to Rock, we salute you.

23 Likes

She called him Professor Peart!

I LOVE her, she’s incredible

24 Likes

An unmitigated delight.

16 Likes

So, looks like we’re all agreed, Nandi needs to be empress of the world!

22 Likes

I love her expressions when she is playing.

17 Likes

Right?

17 Likes

In the last verse, after all that soloing and fills, she’s still so cheerful leaning into the high-hat. Much involuntary squeeing on this end.

15 Likes

Well, he was the Professor, as Rome Life Reactions found. I really enjoyed the open-mouthed wonder of the ‘drum critic’ as he hears the professor for the first time. Although, how is that even possible?

I expect to continue to watch with amazement the growth of Nandi Bushell as a musician. She is simply wonderful.

8 Likes

That’s what he’s known as by his fans! :grin:

5 Likes

what i love the most about this, besides her sheer technical gifts and the amount of time she has clearly put into this, is the sheer unadulterated joy. she obviously experiences… watching a young performer going for it like that brings tears of happiness to my eyes every single time.

16 Likes