11-year-old drummer Nandi Bushell got to jam on stage with Foo Fighters

Originally published at: 11-year-old drummer Nandi Bushell got to jam on stage with Foo Fighters | Boing Boing

15 Likes

You don’t often get to see unbridled joy on display, but even through the video it was radiating from her like a physical force every time the big screen camera panned across her.

Thanks for making my morning!

27 Likes

Nice! Happy happy joy joy!

Girl Power Crowd GIF by Democratic National Convention

22 Likes

Wife and I watched this yesterday. She’s a pretty amazing drummer and it’s great that they’ve connected like this. Then I also went back and watched the videos she and Dave Grohl traded for their “drum off” series. The two bring a ton of good into the world and we are thankful for that alone (plus we just totally dig The Foo Fighters and what Dave has been doing for so long now).

21 Likes

Happy Tears Cry GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

19 Likes

Video links for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgsARH_1aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvwLAPNfXY

18 Likes

Now this is a Wonderful Thing. wipes tear

19 Likes

Just watched this with the Littlest Pea. Choked up from the moment she steps on the stage. I adore how much time she took letting the cheers wash over her at the front of the stage. And Dave just steps back and lets her soak it in.

21 Likes

As I said yesterday, that’s awesome.

ETA:

That kid is amazing; even her original song is good.

22 Likes

Agreed! This totally made my eye holes leak. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

So very monster wicked skin beating this old fart has ever seen!

mike myers snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

Happy Big Lebowski GIF

16 Likes

Some of the kids are really alright.

And I have even more respect for Dave Grohl than I already did.

17 Likes

barack obama yes GIF by Obama

7 Likes

the reddit post on /r/music for this consists mostly of gatekeepers and internet pundits debating if she’s a real prodigy or not (they don’t think she is) so that’s all sorts of awful

5 Likes

Unfuck 'em.

Haters gonna hate.

11 Likes

Right?

“Real prodigy”??

Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

11 Likes

Wait and see…I predict this will become a future anthem for a lot of folks.

we will rock you queen GIF

8 Likes

It’s a little Biracial Black girl who’s hella talented and who managed to use her talent to get the attention of her hero; so of course the haters are out there are questioning her.

Watching this whole thing unfold over the last year or so has been joyous, so again they can kick rocks with no socks.

28 Likes

Bugger them! Never met a true craftsperson who didn’t like seeing a kid take up the craft and succeed. How are you even human if you don’t enjoy that?

But we saw the same with The Linda Lindas, it brings the #$%^&#*$ out.

16 Likes