Watch: 85-year-old man fights off burglars carrying hammers and a sawed-off shotgun

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/18/watch-85-year-old-man-fights.html

8 Likes

I like, but, what is pitch and putt?

1 Like

The final kick in the arse makes it.
I’m just glad the guy with the gun didn’t shoot anyone.

9 Likes

Somewhere between regular golf and mini-golf, basically. Short courses where you don’t have to use a driver club.

6 Likes

What’s up with the shotgun? He seemed to move to “shoot” it three times, but nothing happened.

1 Like

Do NOT be late to his house for tea…

2 Likes

Are you sure this isn’t a long lost Benny Hill episode?

5 Likes

These aren’t real pros, probably desperate junkies.

3 Likes

Ive seen this movie…

4 Likes

As a retired person I applaud this guy.
Punks beware!

3 Likes

(In my best assumption of an Irish accent) Fecking keds, man!

2 Likes

this must have been the most incompetent robbery crew ever.

he knew after if he didn’t do something he have to answer to grandma.
https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Hitman_17b69f_53869.jpg

I wonder if said octogenarian is a veteran of The Troubles.

6 Likes

Par 3 course is the common term on this side of the pond. All you need is a 6 iron, Pitching wedge and a putter.

4 Likes

This happpened in County Cork in the Republic, at the southern tip of the island of Ireland, so the answer is probably no.

4 Likes

he’s definitely old enough to have seen some wartime action. he definitely was NOT going to put up with their bullshit. and can we get a shoutout for the guy behind the counter? he was brave as shit, too.

7 Likes

6 Likes

I’m guessing that if the other two only have hammers, there probably wasn’t enough money for ammo, either.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure a Par 3 course is distinct from a pitch and putt… par 3 generally means holes where it’s less than 200 yards from tee to green, and a par 3 golf course consists entirely of par 3 holes. A Pitch and Putt doesn’t even have tees… you don’t drive at a Pitch and Putt.

1 Like