Watch a bouncy house float away into power lines

If you try to drive a nail using the claw side of a hammer, it’s not the fault of the hammer’s manufacturer. The camera shows you exactly how the image will look, as you’re recording it. If you don’t realize that you’re shooting a tall, skinny image, it’s no one’s fault but yours.

I’ve heard them called “bouncy castle” Stateside. But only if the inflatable dealie actually looks like a castle.

When one of the major phone manufacturers finally creates a phone that’s as simple to operate one-handed while holding it horizontally; that’s the day you’ll start to see portrait videos start to die off.

Because people in the UK have got a castle each; they’re up to here with castles!

2 Likes

That’s the most power-liney setting I’ve ever seen for a child’s party.

Bouncy House is a kind of Hard House music in the UK.

You could listen to Bouncy House while jumping on a Bouncy Castle.

7 Likes

Confirmed.

(Never heard of Bouncy House, so I substituted what Ishkur politely describes as “Stupid House” as an approximate guess. Works for me.)

1 Like

Wait, we weren’t supposed to use hydrogen?

4 Likes

Actual crazy recurring childhood dream!

When I was little, I used to dream about filling a raft with helium and flying it around wherever I liked. An important part of my motivation was that once I was out of people’s reach, I could throw my clothes away and be naked all of the time. Weee! XD

7 Likes

And a good workman uses the right tool for the right job. Cellphones are designed to be held and used vertically. If horizontal video is so important, get a real camera.

2 Likes

Of course. Otherwise, they would have sensors in them to detect their orientation, and rotate the screen appropriately. But that’s just crazy talk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.