Watch a bunch of 5th graders sing a Minor Threat song

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/watch-a-bunch-of-5th-graders-s.html

9 Likes

I was wondering which song they were going to be singing since most of the minor threat songs I can think of are full of f-bombs. Except for the Salad Days EP which is actually my favorite of their records.

6 Likes

This made my day. Truly.

I think the progression to them singing “Salad Days” will be in about a decade or so.

6 Likes

I loved seeing Austin punk legend Tim Kerr (big boys, poison 13, monkey wrench, now time delegation, etc) singing along…/

2 Likes

Ah . . . a highlight of my youth–driving my parents crazy with Minor Threat, the Dead Kennedys, the Circle Jerks, and so on.

4 Likes

A couple years back here in pdx I I was hitting up some foodcarts for lunch and there was a large contingent of local “school of rock” kids blasting through the entire minor threat catalog.

Nothing brings a tear to the eye like watching beaming middle aged punker parents cheer on their 9 year old daughters and sons screaming punk songs from 1981

6 Likes

Punk isn’t dead, it just has kids now.

5 Likes

This video of Ohio School of Rock kids doing Fugazi was doing the rounds a couple months ago, and it’s awesome.

4 Likes

Awesome, Minor Threat played a lot of 3 bands for 3 bucks nights at the old 9:30 club back in the DC hardcore days. Someday we’ll look back and laugh.

4 Likes

And then, “Guilty of being White?”

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.