Watch a bunch of colorful blobs get squished into a perfect vinyl record

Originally published at: Watch a bunch of colorful blobs get squished into a perfect vinyl record | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m im-pressed! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

This brings back fond memories. In the early 70s I was just out of college and got a part-time job creating labels for a hole-in-the-wall record pressing shop in the San Francisco Bay area. They did specialty pressings of LPs and 45s. The 45s were usually demos by musicians just starting out. The LPs tended to be limited-audience music, primarily ethnic: Native American dances, Greek folk music, German oompah bands, that sort of thing. I loved hearing the hiss of the record press and smelling the aroma of hot plastic as I watched bins of pellets turning into finished records. Good times.

7 Likes

Quick! Cue up the “Waltz of the Vinylite Biscuits!”

2 Likes

Boing Boing contributors should take the time to find the original content creators and give credit.

For those interested, here’s the link to the original Instagram account. Many more colorful vinyl records being made on that account:

4 Likes

I like my records impractically small, and advertised to me by a demon child.

6 Likes

Defintely a quality product! For some value of ‘quality’, of course… :wink:

7 Likes

Vinylly!

4 Likes

6 Likes

I could pretend that I hadn’t just seen this particular video before crafting my comment, and that I was cool enough to know about Mighty Tiny Record Players, without Techmoan’s expert take on this obscure technology, but that would be false. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I watched the Techmoan video, and then no more than 10 minutes later saw your post. :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.