Watch a charming Florida defendant attempt to sweet talk his judge

Originally published at: Watch a charming Florida defendant attempt to sweet talk his judge | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The real crime is using virtual backgrounds in a professional Zoom call without using proper lighting or a green screen.

C’mon, sheriff. You didn’t even crop the background graphic to include the full name of your jurisdiction.

10 Likes

Srsly? That’s like two seconds of that clip.

7 Likes

but at leat it was at the top of the clip. Rather than making me wade through 10 minutes of fluff to get to the part where the mentos hit the coke or whatever

5 Likes

The aggressive territoriality of the video background.

The casual disregard for inmate COVID safety measures.

The long list of prior prison sentences enumerated, and the obvious failure of those institutions to produce a rehabilitation and successful re-integration into society.

So much American Justice in two minutes.

12 Likes

Yeah, it was more a commercial for Ring than it was a story substantiating the headline.

The court finds the defendant guilty of cajolery in the 1st degree. Bailiff, whack his pee pee.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, she is gorgeous!

6 Likes

Yeah, sure, but: I hear wedding bells!

His “WHAT!” at 0:54 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t care if it’s a Zoom call, counselor, if you are addressing a Court, wear a damned tie.

1 Like

Yes, but is she gorgeous beyond a reasonable doubt?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.