Watch alleged abuser fire his lawyer in Zoom hearing: "he's a bum ass dude!"

Originally published at: Watch alleged abuser fire his lawyer in Zoom hearing: "he's a bum ass dude!" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I wish all abusers were as aggressively stupid as this one. It would make it easier to put them far away from their current and future victims.

26 Likes

I wish he weren’t wearing a shirt that looks like Steve from Blue’s Clues. It looks like it might be a prison uniform, which is even worse. Don’t make your felons look like Steve, please. It hurts my brain.

10 Likes

When he started ranting, you can tell the prosecutor is really holding back on her facial expressions.

The temper tantrum he starts throwing when she’s reading off the stuff he did is epic.

If this hadn’t been an online meeting, it would have been a huge disruption in the courtroom.

10 Likes

If only he were British. He could have called him a “bum ass prat”…

4 Likes

Bum and arse mean the same thing to a Brit.

4 Likes

As does prat.

Dsi1X7o

6 Likes

Prat is used more to describe an idiot, its root is anachronistic.

1 Like

The way the victim was just rolling her eyes and shaking her head at the whole thing :frowning: This guy’s going to kill her :frowning: and everyone’s trying to help her and she’s not interested.

1 Like

Really? I thought she looked terrified myself. I’ve sat through a fair number of these kinds of hearings, and that’s usually what’s driving reluctant hesitant tangential victim testimony. Funnily enough, an awful lot of people don’t trust the police and courts to protect them. I can’t imagine why

6 Likes

I was just watching her expressions when the prosecutor and judge were talking about the number of cases he was in for assaulting her in the past… she was just shaking her head and rolling his eyes.

I was shaking my head over that too, though its pretty typical

3 Likes

Or maybe she’s just unimpressed with their efforts to protect her thus far, especially given how many times she’s been through this.

8 Likes

So is this bum-ass dude the same one that was not a cat?

2 Likes

I watched two too many of these proceedings in this courtroom. Now YouTube is recommending them to me. Ugh.

1 Like

I always wondered what happened to Steve from Blue’s Clues.

3 Likes

Her eyes get SO wide when he says “bum ass dude.”

1 Like

How long before this guy gets out of jail and gets his own reality show? I mean, isn’t that what we do now?

If that doesn’t work he can run for Congress.

I was wondering how that jail can hold him when he has the power to turn into a cloud of sand.

4 Likes