Watch a colorized version of this 1907 film about a grotesque pig in gentleman's clothing who interrupts a young woman's picnic

Originally published at: Watch a colorized version of this 1907 film about a grotesque pig in gentleman's clothing who interrupts a young woman's picnic | Boing Boing

3 Likes

grotesque pig

I do not find him grotesque.

4 Likes

Well, I don’t care for the body-shaming.

4 Likes

I love these upscaled early films. I think it’s the closest thing to time travel we’ve got.

3 Likes

That was an amazing costume! Henson Workshop would be challenged to pull off such a fine puppet.

I hate pigs in general, but still liked this. Raymond Watts could use the original in a music video for his band PIG.

4 Likes

It’s not about a man’s body… it’s about a man assuming he has the right to harass women. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I was expecting more of a little red riding hood/wolf vibe. Instead she strips him naked and does a victory dance ! Then they dance together quite politely. She looks happy the whole time, though I suspect that’s the actress unable to contain her joy at absurdly dancing with a giant pig.

2 Likes

Gérard Depardieu in his best movie.

1 Like

No, I'm personality-shaming you.

6 Likes

That’s not the happy ending I was expecting!!!

Toward the end the two disappear behind the curtain together and then the pig emerges alone, holding its belly like he’s stuffed before cutting to close-up shots of his disturblingly sharp teeth and licking tongue. So I’m like 90% sure that pig devoured the girl.

4 Likes

Predatory pig? I’d feel for the poor woman but I also happen to like pork chops, spare ribs, ham, back bacon, sweet and sour pork, etc. Fair’s fair.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:crazy_face:

Sabrina 4

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.