Unsettling British pork advertisement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/20/unsettling-british-pork-advert.html

3 Likes

I’m eating pork right now.

13 Likes

Definitely not a human leg.

DWV1Fx2X0AIyxBs

17 Likes

Jesus, this feels like something that belongs in the Beef and Dairy Network “universe.”

4 Likes

“Pork. It’s Pig.”

This message sponsored by the Pork It’s Pig Council.

4 Likes

Pork, the other very white meat.

1 Like

me too! just had roast pork and polenta for lunch.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Or maybe

17 Likes

That guy sounds exactly like the villain of numerous British horror movies/tv shows (the tone, the accent, the intonation). I have to wonder if that commercial is the reason why.

4 Likes

If you really want retro commercial insanity, go no further than old Hungarian food spots:

I swear this has not been edited from the original to the best of my ability to determine.

8 Likes

Notice how they don’t show anybody but the patriarch standing? Makes you think, don’t it? This isn’t their first meal.

7 Likes

pork-one-you-love306x172

18 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

He sure does seem quietly furious about pork

5 Likes

Isn’t it interesting how we call the meat of the fish and fowl we eat by the name of the animal, but mammal meat always gets a whole different word?

1 Like

British Pork… all we eat, right family? Pork… yes… that man who came 'round last week asking about me… not a bother anymore, right family? Pork… dig in.

2 Likes

I was living in rural England during the beginnings of the bovine spongiform encephalopathy scare. My butcher insisted it was a hoax. He sourced most of his meat from local farmers (one reason I used him, the meat was delicious), and did end runs around local inspection policies. He was ultimately caught, and went out of business.

1 Like