Watch a drawbridge take a car on a harrowing joyride

Originally published at: Watch a drawbridge take a car on a harrowing joyride | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Can’t really tell from the view as cannot see the exact position of the barrier gate but it looked like the driver had room to pull forward off the span to be on the non-tilting part.

7 Likes

What’s up with Florida drawbridge operators? I read about a woman falling to her death a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

Same problem as any other operator of heavy machinery. Screwing around on facebook.

3 Likes

Looks like he got out of there with no visible problems. And he forgot to take a photo of car with the bridge in the up position, so his insurance claims adjuster will not believe him at all.

4 Likes

Yeah, that was my question as well. Is there perhaps a barrier just offscreen preventing him from moving? It looks like he just needed to move up a foot!

1 Like

Yeah, he really seemed quite calm about it, too.

P.S. I hope you had a nice day, Mr. Yacht Owner! /s

2 Likes

the craziest part to me is when the driver opened his door with that huge gap right behind him. i was waiting for him to drop right into the abyss

empire spoilers GIF

Once the bridge starts moving the wheels drop down into the gap of the bascule. Once that happens he can no longer pull forward until the bridge tips the car up enough where the wheels are freed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.