Watch a huge sinkhole in Jerusalem open up and swallow cars

Originally published at: Watch a huge sinkhole in Jerusalem open up and swallow cars | Boing Boing

3 Likes

God has spoken!

[snicker]

10 Likes

Om-nom-nom-nom!

5 Likes

But which religion?

It would be that be like pissing match after the 2004 tsunami when different religions claimed to be the favoured religion because they had the least dead.

7 Likes

And on that day the disciples came all in one Accord. The earth opened, and they were swallowed up.

4 Likes

I have a kind of visceral response to sinkholes. I go full Lovecraftian horror (minus the racism) just thinking about them. The earth opening up and swallowing you down into some measureless, stygian abyss, never to be seen again.

2 Likes

“The bad news is, your car is a total loss. The good news is, it’s now part of a newly discovered palace from the days of King Herod.”

3 Likes

Well, it was very Civic-minded of the sinkhole to happen in a car park rather than a residential area.

4 Likes

I wonder if the meter maids will crawl down in to ticket cars in the hole. When they find out that they all fell into a tunnel will Israel start a bombing campaign again?

Watch a huge sinkhole in Jerusalem open up and swallow cars

What can you really add to this???

I guess why it’s called the holy land.

4 Likes

I’d like to know what Ahura Mazda would say about this.

3 Likes

He would be Cavalier and call the swallowing of these cars a Caprice by a Renegade sinkhole that was lucky they all Fit (or some such Jazz).

4 Likes

He might say it was a Tribute to poor municipal planning.

2 Likes

That would be very Galant of him. The sinkhole certainly left a Legacy (or did that one fall in too?)
It certainly didn’t want to know about an Up! It was all down, with this one, but let’s hope it’s not a Prelude to deeper things.

(I think I have to go out for a drive now. Things to see, people to do. Later…)

3 Likes

Wow, this brings back memories of growing up in Niagara Falls, Canada. We had a major city road built on quicksand that collapsed in on itself and swallowed a car every few years until the city finally shut it down and pumped and packed gravel into it until it was full.

1 Like

I just watched “This Is The End” last night. Now there’s a sinkhole.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.