Watch pothole grow in size, then grab car that tries to drive over it

Originally published at: Watch pothole grow in size, then grab car that tries to drive over it | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

18 Likes

“Screw that guy for making me wait! Since he no doubt cares enough about me to be watching in his rear-view mirror, I’ll show him how a real man handles things!”

18 Likes

I was driving through Toms River, NJ last week when traffic ground to nearly a complete stop. As we inched forward, I saw that the left two lanes were closed and there was construction equipment. I thought, “they should save this for the middle of the night, not 4 in the afternoon.” I later found out a sinkhole had opened up in an intersection so they had no choice but to block traffic and fix it. Sink holes scare me.

10 Likes

It’s a sinkhole. Let’s stand around the edges of it!
The ones around the Shenandoah Valley swallow cars whole. Scary stuff.

11 Likes

Cue Cookie Monster “Om nom nom” sounds.

7 Likes

Here’s a youtube option if one is attempting to detour around Twitter

10 Likes

“pffft. I have an SUV!”

6 Likes

I once watched a small sports car drive over a large and deep pothole (not sinkhole) in Chicago. One way street, and only one lane with parked cars on either side, so there wasn’t a way to detour, but he certainly could have taken it much more carefully instead of accelerating. I say drive over, but it broke his front axle, so he was stuck there until they could tow him out.

6 Likes

Not that it matters but is it known where this one is?
Does not look like the U.S…

3 Likes

Based on the driving on the left clue, probably somewhere in the U.K., but there are other possibilities of course.

3 Likes

Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say that pothole swallowed up the vehicle, but it certainly did take a bite.

4 Likes

A friend once told me and some other mutuals rather gleefully about his having “witnessed the birth of a pothole!”

He’d seen a truck throw up a massive divot from what had been a patched and re-patched and re-re-patched section of a V busy road in the Metropolitan Detroit Area. He was fair astonished.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.