Watch a low flyover of Jupiter's moon Europa

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/11/watch-a-low-flyover-of-jupiter.html

7 Likes

Strangely hypnotizing.

4 Likes

There has to be intelligent life out there because they’ve been smart enough to not contact us.

5 Likes

…will “investigate whether the icy moon could harbor conditions suitable for life.”

Well, at least they have the highways already built.

8 Likes

So many highways, so few snow plows, apparently.

5 Likes

Video improves a little bit at 2x speed. Improves quite a bit on magic mushrooms.

6 Likes

Looks like they have a gopher problem. Time for some Mr. Rabbit. Don’t mind the wire. Doctors’s orders.

4 Likes

You brought to mind for me an idea that I find amusing, heartbreaking and terrifying in equal measure.
What if they asked to be taken to our leader?

6 Likes

Depends on who they ask. If they ask me I’d be all “psst! Obama! I’m throwing this one your way, just roll with it!”

7 Likes

I dunno, I think that Vladimir Putin would cut quite the dash on the Interstellar stage. He’s got, “Evil Galactic Overlord” written all over him.

6 Likes

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS—EXCEPT EUROPA
ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

8 Likes

Nice to see some bike lanes.

4 Likes

They’re ATV tracks. All of the aliens are named “Billy Bob.”

4 Likes

3001 story was even better. Frank Poole found freeze dried - and easily revived.

And the monolith aliens, millennia after seeding earth decide this experiment really did not work out - time to dispose of the petri dish and all the samples…

4 Likes

It’s hard to believe that Europa has more liquid water than Earth.

1 Like

Warning: video also contains talking heads. Damn.

Drone shot of Seattle this weekend

2 Likes

As long as they are not called “Beedy Beedy Beedy Bob”.

2 Likes

The roads are already built, all we have to do is show up.

5 Likes

AZFqs

1 Like