Watch: A man carves out an incredible home from the side of a mountain

Interesting to see some real properties, and not something done up for the TV cameras. Hobbiton they ain’t. Still, I feel the tug for the lifestyle where you can dig out a spare room because the in-laws are coming, and maybe find something precious as you go.

I am told some places in Nottingham have dug out cellars. My son’s hose has a small cellar but it floods when it is wet.

We name things good down here. There is also the Great Sandy Desert. Sandy Creek, Rocky Creek; many, many of these.

2 Likes

Well, the US has the Rocky Mountains. Have you even seen a mountain made of anything else?

The fabled EU butter mountain.

I’d like to see the building permission for this.

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering about that slab he poured over that log-framed verandah!!! Just don’t be around when the logs rot out.

Well, the US has the Rocky Mountains. Have you even seen a mountain made of anything else?

You must be thinking of Canada. The US has the somewhat less Rocky Mountains. Ohhh…they’re both rocky.

1 Like

Drilling in a cave with no earmuffs and or safety goggles. Its the old way, the cavalier way…the not quite aware that you can’t replace your eyes and ears way…

2 Likes

Pray tell? Sounds interesting. Challenging.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.