Watch a man jump onto a stack of 10 pallets with his unicycle

What’s more, given the apparent orientation of the pallets and an assumption that he had not put a board on top, he was lucky/skilful not to have the wheel disappear between two pallet slats when he landed on the top.

3 Likes

On one hand, i’m baffled by the helmet but otherwise near nakedness.
(your head will be safe if you fall, not much else will be*)

On the other i’m very jealous of the amount of balance talent on display :slight_smile:

*I see this a lot on scooter/motorbike users… If they crash they’re going to have a safe brain but shredded limbs :confused:

1 Like

love it.

sidebar: my favorite example of the “i” substitution that rastas use was something Paul Beatty wrote (although not sure if he made it up or parroted it, it was in a work of fiction, though)

a Rastafarian tells the protagonist that the inscription of INRI on Christ’s crucifix (which is really Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum : “Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews”) actually stood for “I, negro, rule i-ternally.”

1 Like

I loved hearing a mad character (one among many!) in the film Rockers congratulating Our Hero, “I-ficially.” He liked it so much himself he repeated it.

The Island, like her patois, is wonderful. Both get into yr blood. Mom, in a moment of abject pissed off-itude, once found herself cussin’ a blue streak in patois without even thinking. Our J’can friends freaked right out :smiley:

Another time, we were heading to St Anns Bay (locally pron. sintAHNNZbey), and two boys decided to cross the often busy 4-5 lane highway. One ran as quickly as he could, but the other decided to be a little dick and just kinda strolled. He knew we’d come close to hitting him if we didn’t change lanes for him, even had our pal Hitchcock braked hard. We did indeed come very close to him, and without thinking, I shouted, “Mon cross 'e street like dat soon look a duppy!” His eyes got huge and his jaw hit the pavement. I slapped my hand over my mouth in surprise, and mom and Hitchcock LTFAO :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.