Watch a man jump onto a stack of 10 pallets with his unicycle

Originally published at: Watch a man jump onto a stack of 10 pallets with his unicycle | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Cheaper than getting a vasectomy I suppose.

4 Likes

Unicyclists - the new mimes …

2 Likes

I’ve ridden a unicycle since I was 12. Got bored and found one at a garage sale. Spent a few weeks teaching myself how to ride. Mastered it, saved up lawn mowing money and bought an expensive Volkscycle unicycle. Later taught myself how to juggle while riding. I was left alone as a child to amuse myself.

I’m 57 and still own that unicycle, I take it out once a year and ride it just to prove to myself I’m still young. It gets scarier and scarier every time. I think I may be done.

All my years of riding I never had the urge to bounce up and down onto anything. Riding in a straight line occasionally juggling some torches was all the excitement I needed.

24 Likes

I’d be scared just watching. :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: More power to you, from another Heinz.

7 Likes

Reminds me of the kind of stuff Danny MacAskill does on bikes:

6 Likes

I must have banged my head too many times, it took me several minutes staring at your post to get the Heinz connection. I’m going to use that the entire year.

5 Likes

Kris Holm says hi

5 Likes

remember kids, it’s the rider, not the bike

(also proof that disc brakes are not really needed on a road bike)

3 Likes

And the winner for most annoying sound track ever… THIS

1 Like

OK, clue me in. I still don’t follow.

In my original post I said I was 57.

3 Likes

Doh!

[Added text to get past filter]

1 Like

I know, right?

1 Like

Martyn Ashton is a legend…

But if you ride anywhere that gets frequent precipitation, do long mountain descents, want to avoid road grit wear on your nice carbon wheels… disc brakes are great. I will never go back to rim brakes on a road bike again…

My trials bike was disc on the front hydraulic rim on the back. Best combo of modulation and instant rim locking out there.

3 Likes

“Hot unicyclist” is something I never thought I’d type.

3 Likes

Unicycle parkour. Go figure. :smiley:

Peter Tosh had one.

Him call’ it an I-nicycle.

3 Likes

I forgot about this guy! I remember the first time I watched that thinking: a) how the heck are those carbon wheels holding up to this madness?, and; b) cheese’n’rice that’s amazing/scary. Good callout!

2 Likes

One time I was unicycle-commuting across campus and a girl called from an upstairs window “You get me so HOT!” I didn’t pursue the matter.

2 Likes

UK urban unicyclist

Meanwhile USA country unicyclists only jump onto stacks of manure or tractor tires.

1 Like