Watch a very brave biker zip along a lakeside cliff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/28/watch-a-very-brave-biker-zip-a.html

2 Likes

Brave?

The older I get, the less I associate “bravery” with “recklessly risking your life.”

19 Likes

I wish this would play in my area. Probably needs a big theatre screen for the full effect.

4 Likes

Hmm. Different strokes, etc., I guess.

I’d just as soon not buy a ticket and support that kind of “bravery.”

4 Likes

So, so much NOPE.

I do a lot of cycling and some mountain biking, but i would never even attempt it, i simply do not have the control of balance to try that. I’d clip the cliff with a handlebar and fall off the drop on the other side within a few hundred meters :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn beautiful scenery though, i’d love to go walking down it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 Likes

I think this is the phrase you are looking for:

“Who’s the more foolish, the fool biking down a cliff, or the fool biking just behind him with a camera glued to his head?”

I admire the skill, but that’s a whole lotta nope for me. I enjoy having my head attached to my neck.

4 Likes

Is the path usually used by cyclists or hikers?
I was waiting for an encounter with traffic coming the other way in 3…2…1…
Reminds me of films of the ‘Road of Death’ in …Bolivia?

7 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

That wasn’t the same cyclist from start to finish. I think they went through four, maybe five.

7 Likes

No, in cycling it is the older I get the faster I was.
But back on topic, man that looks like fun.

Two wheels? Pfff…

2 Likes

I’ve seen NYC bike messengers take bigger risks.

2 Likes

The odd thing is, I’ve been on mountain “roads” that were maybe a foot or so wider with my motorbike and it was fun.

10 Likes

"WheeeeeeeeAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

I find this stupid. What if they meet someone walking in the other direction? What is the walker supposed to do? Step off the path?

1 Like

better quality footage, and commentary

3 Likes

I was mostly OK with it until near the end where he goes off the path, and then I was like “nope.”

This one freaked me out more, especially the bit at 0:30 :

1 Like