Watch a very brave biker zip along a lakeside cliff

Honnold is undoubtedly an incredible climber - but what I always think about is the ‘what if’s?’. An unexpected gust of wind, or a sudden muscle spasm/cramp when 1,000ft up - game over.

My son climbs, but though he admires Honnold he has said he’d never free solo in the same way - for which I’m very grateful. Mind you, he’s planning his second tattoo - even though he assured me his first was going to be the only one he’d ever have… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Thanks. That was the gif I needed to express the huge amount of ‘nopery’ I felt about this.

1 Like

a miked camera drone? What were you hoping to capture?

Death screams? Which would mean more page views!

2 Likes

His brave descent into aseptic water, thanking equipment sponsors during their final moments?
Was going to grow spare organs in that lake anyhow; local hospital pride in how to code most emergencies of that lake makes them a major Weibo Xtreme WePay sponsor.
Drones aren’t above a little robot pride, wanted to capture any easter eggs.
Gotta think of that Mishima character in Air Master (saves his crush, crushes bike controlling descent.)

2 Likes

‘Bikers’ ride Harleys and wear leather. These folks are cyclists.

There was this little muddy track along the yarra river, and of course I tried to ride it on my first mountain bike. The back wheel slid first, then the front, then it was about three metres down into the water. A couple in a row boat had to rescue me.

One the upside, that bike floated really well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.