Watch a new mini short film set in the world Netflix's live-action COWBOY BEBOP reboot

Originally published at: Watch a new mini short film set in the world Netflix's live-action COWBOY BEBOP reboot | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m always leery about an anime to live-action re-boot, but this trailer is very encouraging. The three main actors seem to have great chemistry in their roles.

9 Likes

I am so excite!!!1!

5 Likes

Hell. to the Yeah.

I think they nailed it, at least according to this optimized teaser.

4 Likes

Damn this is really looking like a fun and faithful adaptation. I’m quite excited for this. I really hope to see Ed pop up before the first season ends.

3 Likes

…wut

(actually, this looks surprisingly good, against all odds)

4 Likes

Frame usage reminded me of:

5 Likes

sorry one second… (clears throat)… SQUEEEEEE!!!

6 Likes

Yeah, as close as this looks, it wouldn’t be proper without Ed.

1 Like

Yeah it seems like a clever promo, more focus on that cast dynamic and dialog. Which is going to be very important here.

They’ve mentioned in interviews that there will be Ed, but haven’t announced the casting. Seem to be holding it back and teasing it a bit. Show runner said something along the lines of people will freak out when they finally see Ed.

I can well imagine this being placed in an early episode where they’re arguing over a bounty but everyone has different memories. The editing of just this should win all the editing awards going forward, just a mind boggling achievement.

6 Likes

Oh God
Love action bleach was terrible.

The stilted motion of the fighting sequences doesn’t bode well. It looks just as bad as bleach.

1 Like

John Cho is looking pretty badass. Weed did him good. :smiley:

2 Likes

It looks good; but IMHO; Spike’s fight scenes have to be very choreographed + stylized, while looking natural, and cannot cheap out on Matrix-style CGI motion effects. That was one of the best parts of the action in the original series, and it would leave the live action version lacking

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.