Watch a swarm of autonomous drones gracefully navigate a crowded bamboo forest

Originally published at: Watch a swarm of autonomous drones gracefully navigate a crowded bamboo forest | Boing Boing

1 Like

The swarm would certainly never be used to hunt people. Why would I even think that? Don’t mind me.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Ah, the old “our new Murderbot 5000 could find survivors of natural disasters or bring supplies to remote populations (or some other thing that definitely doesn’t involve murder)!” justification. “Air traffic control system on Mars” is a new one - though I can see why, as it doesn’t even make any sense, for multiple reasons.

Yeah, I dunno - it’s not like this tech’s logical application is “track people down and possibly murder them” rather than anything they mentioned. Avoiding obstacles is totally useful when you’re… (checks notes)… surveying a landscape at altitude. No, no reason why we would think that. Weird.

5 Likes

GIF by Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

7 Likes

“And we’re upsizing the next generation and adding small automatic weapons. Because, you know, sometimes hostile wildlife interferes with…search and rescue.”

3 Likes

Not terrifying at all, no! That automatic sensation to pee and run was just…uhh…my utter sense of relief at the concept of being rescued so handily!

1 Like

michael myers horror GIF by absurdnoise

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.