Mysterious drone flies over New York park warning people to "maintain a social distance"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/mysterious-drone-flies-over-ne.html

5 Likes

Some folks have all the fun. /s

2 Likes

It’s only a matter of time…

5 Likes

It was one of those aliens from the moon.

3 Likes

As a New Yorker who has observed the local riverside parks more crowded than ever, I kind of applaud this.

I also think that if one is going to go through this much trouble, one should hire the services of professional voice-over artist. A freelance performer’s rates would be modest to record a few sentences like this, and I think their output would command a bit more attention than – begging your pardon – Obvious Programmer Voice.

5 Likes

Yeah, this strikes me as the same sort of far-fetched apocalyptic logic-leaping we hear every time Boston Dynamics releases a video.

And yes, I realize BD started with defense contracts, but it’s still a hell of a leap from there to malevolent cognition.

2 Likes

It sounds like the start of every bad futuristic apocalyptic movie, ever. My guess is some idiot students in a suddenly-online “Intro To Filmmaking” course were behind it.

Personally, I liked the footage I saw yesterday of a Dalek cruising down an English suburban street, ordering “ALL HUMANS MUST SELF-ISOLATE” in that wonderful Dalek voice. Pretty sure BoJo didn’t officially authorize swarms of Daleks to warn the Brits, either.

14 Likes

Oh I love this Dalek thing sooo much…

5 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried would be best.

“GO HOME”

3 Likes

Batman’s gonna Batman…

3 Likes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Matthew Broderick - It's Over, Go Home

2 Likes

“Maintain your distance. You have 15 seconds to comply.”

It would have been better with these drones:

“It’s the Robot Rapture!”

1 Like

Late capitalist sleaze… robots enforcing the law… Yeah, we’re living in Robocop.

There’s no better way to get me to do the opposite of what you’re asking than to thank me for my “cooperation”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.