Haunted by drones

[Permalink]

1 Like
10 Likes

Good way to find your “Second Wind” while running…

The guy on the right is happy he didnt’ wear his red shirt that day- it looks like the Starfleet logo on his t-shirt.

2 Likes

Awesome! One of the problems with mocking up living creatures is it’s hard to make them move realistically enough to be believable… but you just don’t have that concern with haints like the bean sidhe. It’s supposed to be unnatural!

Edit: Oops, I forgot. @doctorow, you’re juvenile!

1 Like

I have to wonder what the response would be if you did this at night. You might do some serious psychological damage. (Though I wonder how noisy the motors on this thing are, and whether you could mask them with some other noise.)

1 Like

Like a scream?

1 Like

Yeah, if it’s a constant noise. Is the drone powerful enough to carry the soundchip & speaker loud enough to mask its own motors?

This was done by Tom Mabe, with a Behind the Scenes video for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_LC_jmTmas and an article about it in the Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2474877/Prankster-Tom-Mabe-wreaks-havoc-park-remote-controlled-winged-skeleton-ahead-Halloween.html

2 Likes

I’m going to be the required BB killjoy here and argue that while the “scaring kids in a park” thing struck me as funny (as long as they’re not going to run into traffic or anything), if some a-hole tried to play that prank on me while I was visiting the grave of a relative, I’d be furious enough to snatch the reaper out of the air and forcibly insert it in said jokester’s posterior orifice.

There’s a time and a place for everything, and some people consider a graveyard a place where solemnity and respect rule the day…

Here’s the original video:

And the behind-the-scenes that @fencepost linked above:

However if you were jogging past the graves of some random corpses your rage would be entirely out of line.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.