Trailer for "The Drone," a horror film about a sentient flying drone

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/18/trailer-for-the-drone-a-h.html

2 Likes

Fifteen minutes of terror!

(Unless it has extra battery packs.)

22 Likes

This will be worth it if it has parody/recreation scenes from Hitchcock’s The Birds.

10 Likes

Huh, I thought drones normally killed people at the wedding…

9 Likes

3 Likes

From the title is could just as easily be about a killer bagpipe. Just as scary!

6 Likes

The director’s next movie is a remake of Critters coming out this fall so I think tongue-in-cheek horror is kind of his thing. Assuming, of course, that the remake isn’t re-envisioned as a kitchen sink drama set in NYC during the great depression starring two Critters.

1 Like

Right up there with:

7 Likes

“Simpsons (well … X-Files …) did it!” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Does the drone have a name? Is it, I don’t know, Christine? :roll_eyes:

What will it be next?

3 Likes

Demon Seed (1977)
Holds up!

4 Likes

Hellexia.

1 Like

This looks terrible but entirely self-aware, so it might be good fun.

2 Likes

We must be really horrible creatures. Whenever our gadgets create awareness, they resolve to do away with humanity. Christine hit everybody, Skynet vaporized a good part of the planet, the replicants were looking for their creator, but were also in a killing spree and so on. I think only WallE was kind to us.

3 Likes

But is it 3d-printed? Does it have an Arduino? Is it steampunk?

1 Like

I haven’t watched much of the series at all, but was convinced to tune in for S11E07, creatively titled “Rm9sbG93ZXJz”. Really rather neat. I might even call it daring.

Mulder and Scully dine in a fully automated sushi restaurant. When the hardware starts to glitch, things go awry and they both find themselves hunted by diverse robots. Faced with an overwhelming and life-threatening force, they soon run out of options.

4 Likes

And looking at his job, he had the most reason to want to kill us.

3 Likes

Maybe It just wanted to please the robot girl.

2 Likes

Don’t we all?

4 Likes

Was he, though…?

3 Likes

jack-ziegler-pinpoint-havoc-gentlemen-accuracy-of-mayhem-and-yet-our-dress-blues-re-new-yorker-cartoon_u-L-PICZBI0

3 Likes