Company's dystopian promotional video for drone armed with machine gun

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/16/companys-dystopian-promotion.html

2 Likes

“Terror Combat” competition. That’s well named.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Gee, what could possibly go wrong? /s

5 Likes

so it’s a flying gun? yawn one clip only? lol

reminds me a bit of The Peripheral (looking forward to the sequel!)

It looked like it was having to really fight that recoil too. The effective firing rate is going to be garbage, and unless there’s some magic pixie dust in the targeting there’s no way they’re going to hit anything reliably enough to compensate.

Not having to worry about casualties from the other guys shooting back changes the equation: you could fly a swarm of these close enough to your targets to shoot at very close range and at worst you’d be out some hardware.

2 Likes

Cue the inevitable lawsuits, in 5,4,3,2…

1 Like

It seems more built for suppressive fire, where accuracy isn’t as important as just keeping enemy heads down.

1 Like

Don’t worry, this is just the beginning of this type of garbage. They’re going to get “better” and “better” and “better” until…

Which leads me to wonder: if this video’s suggestion is correct, and the future of battle is robots, then the purpose of a robot shooting at another robot is…what, exactly?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good thing electronic countermeasures don’t exist.

2 Likes

fucking hell…do we need to go back in time and kill sarah connor?

humans can be fucking awful, we have great potential for both positive and negative advancements, i hope someday we can check our negative impulses.

1 Like

you have 15 comments to comply

Nah. The robots won’t kill us. The robots will just take your jobs.

2 Likes

Not if I take theirs first!

3 Likes

I wonder how long before police departments start getting these in their government surplus gift bags.

Get a job running into walls, falling over and getting stuck in corners

4 Likes

Sounds like good work for an MBA.

3 Likes