Watch a vulture lands on paraglider mid-ride

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/18/watch-a-vulture-lands-on-paraglider-mid-ride.html

9 Likes

My looney-tune education of vultures who come to regard you would suggest something a little less collegial

10 Likes

There has been a fair amount of skepticism about the veracity of this video. The vulture, sometimes incorrectly reported online as an eagle, has a leather “tab” attached to one leg, leading to speculation the bird is a pet of sorts and possibly owned by the pilot.

4 Likes

But woodpeckers are totally chill, right?

(Yeah, I know that character is from Walter Lantz Productions, not Loony Tunes)

6 Likes

I noticed we don’t see the subsequent take-off, where the vulture sploots out a big crap, wheels around, and uses the pilot’s face as a flight ramp. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The vulture is just being proactive about getting its next meal.

3 Likes

Freeloader

5 Likes

I’m not sure. The look on the woodpecker’s face is more of “Oh shit!”.

1 Like

Post is not empty – it now includes one of the best mustelid puns.

4 Likes

… something like that

The vulture, named Urú, was rescued at a young age by Ricardo’s friend Israel Mendes, who is an environmentalist.

He planned to take some videos of the beautiful scenes when the bird began flying alongside him.

Although he had flown with him twice before, Ricardo never expected the vulture to land on him

2 Likes

James Cameron’s Avatar movies are just getting too repetitive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.