Pretty sure this bird just discovered that the Earth is a simulation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/03/pretty-sure-this-bird-just-dis.html

15 Likes

Safe…Under the Dome

12 Likes

That’s 2020 in a nut shell.

19 Likes

The Matrix is glitched.

11 Likes

We’re above the 13th floor, tweeple.

6 Likes

I’ve seen Piper Cubs do basically that in the mountains of Alaska. With the right wind they can almost take off with zero forward movement.

Also a great illustration of how birds heads act like they are on a gimbal system.

16 Likes

Many millions of years of avionics wet-ware development and a stiff headwind.

But also, definitely found the edge of the map :bird:

12 Likes

tumblr_mvz46j3Ioz1rrxe89o8_250

16 Likes

My favorite is holding a chicken in the air and slowly moving it around: the head stays almost perfectly in place while their body moves. Super cool!

10 Likes

…as one does. :wink:

Let’s show my favorite chicken meme.

14 Likes

21 Likes

Thank you for this!

4 Likes

Let’s play Washing Machine!

7 Likes

Helicopter__optical illusiuon_framerate

6 Likes

Bird knows where the lift is better than anybody. I have been at the top of a hill on a windy day, thinking about launching a paraglider, and watching the birds for tips.

6 Likes

The one case I’ve especially noticed a few years ago was on a high wind day. There was this bird that was furiously batting its wings trying to fly right upwind (with no success) and, most remarkably, chirping non stop to scream bloody murder (that’s what it sounded like anyway).

1 Like

I just got one out of the freezer and followed your instructions. It doesn’t work? Maybe if I try with buffalo wings.

2 Likes

Maybe yours was defective? Buffalo wings should work better, methinks. Let me know how it goes!

2 Likes
1 Like

My dad has a friend from back in the day who worked for Pratt and Whitney and swore up and down that they fired a frozen goose at a jet engine. I always believed him, but for all I know he was adding to the mythology!

1 Like