How is this dead bird floating high in the air? (video)

Originally published at: How is this dead bird floating high in the air? (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It’s staying aloft on the fumes rising from burning a stack of $44 billion.

Whoops. Wrong dead bird.

36 Likes

Tired: Mystery shoes

Wired: Bird on a wire.

11 Likes

Taut fishing line or other filament, like a good quality kite string. If you’ve ever tried to pull a bird backwards through anything it’s easy to see how it could get itself tangles and throttled by flying into such.

( only in taxidermical situations have I ever tried to pull a bird backward through anything, a kid stuck a study skin into a cage where I once worked. )

4 Likes

The car’s windshield wipers keep tossing the bird back into the air.

3 Likes

Like hanging running shoes, it’s marking gang territory. /s

6 Likes

Probably fishing line that was tied to a balloon or some how got tangled/strung between the power/phone lines, and then the bird got snared with it. :confused:

6 Likes

What do you call that bird of prey? It’s a kite.

What do you call that bird hanging from a string and blowing in the wind? It is also a kite.

8 Likes

Your post made me wonder if I could construct a kite from a taxidermied bird. Absolutely. I think I’d go with a turkey vulture, don’t have on tho. Next one I see on the highway I’ll have to consider it, after checking for reasons not to do so.

Remarkably, I don’t know how many time this has happened to me but not often, there are currently no images on google of stuffed birds being used as kites, tho I only searched two phrases/terms

2 Likes

Try “dead birds as drones”.

5 Likes

I’ve seen the cat, figures it’d be chasing birds still.

edit - US Conspiracy Claims Birds Aren’t Real, They Are Government Spy Drones

Someone should cut that bird down and get the sd card out, probably good footage.

4 Likes

(… is what @Akimbo_NOT is referencing.)

6 Likes

It’s like a drunk in a midnight choir. . . .

10 Likes

Here’s another avian mystery for the Mutant Brain; seeing this story has given me a half-remembered earworm for a song called something like “Little Bird” by an extremely fey sounding singer called something like Tina/Steener Nordstrom/Nordenstern. Anyone got an idea what it might be. It would probably have been out in 1990, and I think I probably heard it on the John Peel Show.

1 Like

Agreed about the fishing line / mono-filament. Otherwise the bird would just be blown away.

2 Likes

Bird Vecna is about to claim another victim.

2 Likes

Clear it ate some Unobtainium.

Video links for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmpjIiLSp3E

https://www.tiktok.com/@bluefrenchhorn26/video/7200995520091901189

1 Like

It’s not dead! It’s clearly just resting.

7 Likes

Lifeless bird somehow still not falling? I just assumed it’s being supported by Mohammed bin Salman.
795491235_twitter_bird_dead

2 Likes