Birds Aren't Real group holds rally in Springfield, Missouri

Originally published at: Birds Aren't Real group holds rally in Springfield, Missouri | Boing Boing

7 Likes

What percentage of this is a joke vs serious? It’s not that hard to find a dead bird to test your theories.

Also - where does fried check come from if not birds?

7 Likes

That I can’t immediately dismiss this as satire is disturbing.

47 Likes

Checkoslovakia

42 Likes

Stephen Amell Wine GIF by nockingpoint

20 Likes

I knew there was something synthetic about this guy!

13 Likes

Totally serious. Don’t ask about tenders it will give you nightmares!

8 Likes

My instinct is to think that it may be a joke now (with emphasis on the “may”), but it’s only a matter of time before some people start believing this. But I wonder if that’s really true. On the one hand, it’s no dumber than Qanon/snow is fake/Earth is flat nonsense, but those conspiracies sucker people in by making them think they’ve figured something out all on their own, having them actively “find” something. That they, as smart people have personally uncovered a Truth that the rest of the sheep didn’t, which makes them more likely to believe something that’s obviously insane. But the bird conspiracy doesn’t have anything like that. There’s no “I discovered that bird feathers are magnetic” smaller sub-lie to use as a convincer.

13 Likes

This thread has taken a dark tern.

42 Likes
3 Likes

Only among the gullible.

34 Likes

So many people are swift to swallow any cuckoo theory.

31 Likes

Former resident of SGF here, and yeah. Doing this there is a trial balloon; for ages it’s been a popular test-market for suburban restaurant chains due to it’s overwhelming average-ness. If this takes wing there, it’s a bad sign.

7 Likes

Let osprey it won’t fly.

24 Likes

This joke’s got claws; SGF is also the home to the Assembly of God church, whose link I shall not befoul this board with. It’s a small city rife with idiots for plucking.

This being said there are also some truly fine humans there, but sadly they’re a dwindling minority.

7 Likes

From the website it looks like their business model is selling teeshirts. Doesn’t matter whether the buyer believes in bird conspiracies or whether they are just enjoying the irony, so long as they are ready to part with $30.

7 Likes

As performance art I love this and find that it’s existence and the vigor of it gives me hope.

5 Likes

Said the mother Tern to her baby Tern

“Would you like a brother?”

Said the baby Tern to the mother Tern,

“Yes, one good Tern deserves another.

-Spike Milligan

28 Likes

The Frankenstein of fast food!

6 Likes

Laugh all you want, they’ve been spying on us with birds for a long time. A long, long, long, long time. Huginn and Muninn always seemed a little fishy to me too. They aren’t passing any Voight-Kampff tests…

15 Likes