Watch: Adorable 80s kid overjoyed with the gift of Nintendo

seriously though, a catalyst 2600 series with nothing wrong with it is like $500. That’s a lot more than a Nintendo Switch.

Don’t like it? We’ll, let’s see if this ‘switch’ changes your perspective, young man.

2 Likes

My dad believed in corporal punishment. I remember having to cut bamboo switches for myself, and of course, if it wasn’t a good one…

I had to play the video to make sure it wasn’t me.

One year my parents got my brother and I an Atari 5200. They had it all set up on the floor in front of the TV and my brother and I didn’t notice because we were so focused on the Tree.

2 Likes

This scene is right out of my house circa 1983 (minus the camcorder). Crying, outbursts of excitement, and hugging were admonished as Not Manly. And I think I tried to guiltily pay my parents back for an expensive gift at least once.

4 Likes
1 Like

The 80s cherry on top is ‘Ghostbusters’ playing in the background.

1 Like

There’s these things called jokes.

Yep! that was dads clue to pick the little mutt up and hug him tight, just that great frosting on the cake of" I love you son". The boy is so hungry for it he offers to pay for the gift so dad will appreciate him more.

Plus hugging a goofy little kid is a great way to lower blood pressure and increase manly looking smile wrinkles.

3 Likes

I remember when my parents bought me an NES for Christmas. It was funny because we rented a few games from the local grocery store (Fester’s Quest is one I remember). It’s one of those moments you rarely forget because honestly it was fun playing with my parents on it.

Fester’s Quest. I have a real big love/hate relationship with it.

3 Likes

Vice grips, amirite?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.