Watch all six Star Wars films simultaneously

10 Likes

Seems relevant to this thread…

5 Likes

Or maybe?

6 Likes

I don´t.
There are three Star Wars movies, Six if you count the prequels.
This bad fan-fic-tier garbage churned out by the mouse is not Star Wars. To me these three movies are the worst a fan can say about it: NOT CANON!!!

And to me, the new SW trilogy has been at worst okay, and at best absolutely excellent. Not to mention Rogue One, which was very good; and Solo, which was a ton of fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure, if you want to think of it that way. You could also say “there’s only two Godfather movies” or “there’s never been a Dark Tower movie” or mentally reject any other movies you aren’t a fan of, I suppose.

Tons of people love the three new movies (including me). There’s 11 Star Wars feature films. Three trilogies, two standalone movies so far. Looking forward to more.

3 Likes

What about the Ewok movies and the Xmas Special? Those were made by Lucas Films, same with the other animated series.

3 Likes

The godawful Holiday Special was actually made by CBS without any Lucas involvement at all. Although, amazingly, specific bits of it are now canon as they’ve been used in the new Mandalorian show (his gun, some weapons).

1 Like

So good. I wish there was a way to get the final space fights and the final ceremonys and the “same scenes” all synced up. I’m reminded of a post of Raiders of the Lost Ark synched almost perfectly to a 1930s adventure movie…

3 Likes

4 Likes

My bleeding is brain.

1 Like

[ I waited 24hrs for someone else to say it :woman_shrugging: ]

4 Likes

8 Likes

It can be very weird to be a Star Wars fan.

• 1982-or-so: George Lucas announces that he has a plan for 12 Star Wars movies arranged into four trilogies. He quickly recinds that and says there’ll be three trilogies separated by about 30 year gaps.

• 2005-or-so: George Lucas claims he never said that and that he’d always only planned for the prequels.

• 2012-or-so: George Lucas says he has the plot and drafts of the three sequel movies all set to go, and they’re all about fun things like midichlorians. These drafts never see the light of day. Fans sigh in relief.

5 Likes

What about Droids?

2 Likes

Pray I do not alter the count again.

2 Likes

There are 9 films in the series and they conform beautifully to classic ring structure. 1-3 has an arc, as do 4-6 and 7-9. There’s also the arc from 1-6, which is Anakin’s full story, and from 4-9, which is Luke & Leia’s. Then there’s the arc through the whole series, which is the story of how Palpatine was working under the surface throughout. As found in ring structure, certain archetypal patterns repeat: an orphan is found, a father is lost, for instance.

Some of the individual films are better than others, no doubt (1, 2, and 3 are rough, though each one successively improves on the previous), but viewed as a single work the Star Wars enneaology (set of 9) is quite an impressive and influential cinematic achievement. With #9, J. J. Abrams had a nearly impossible task but he fulfilled the archetypal patterns of the ring structure quite brilliantly and honored the evolutionary arc of the entire 40+ year journey.

And, of course, Rogue One (episode 3.5) is a fantastic film that deepens the whole Star Wars field. Solo is a Forceless POS best forgotten.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.