Watch: angry cyclist wants to see the rule that allows disabled man to ride motorized bike on the trail

I’m not feeling particularly charitable, asshole cyclists like him are why a lot of people think we’re all assholes. Jackass can go fuck himself with a cactus.

No one’s shitting on the gate-keeping douchebag. He chose to harass a disabled person and his ableist bigotry has consequences.

10 Likes

He’s certainly committed to being a gate-keeping douchebag. When the Karen tries to give him cover for his ableist bigotry, the Darren doubles down.

5 Likes

They should add them to the sign but, they should give them speed lines because that’s what’s up.

Man, I hate this! Bicycle infrastructure is usually also great for wheelchair and mobility scooters, an often forgotten boon of cycling and walking friendly traffic design. (See: https://youtu.be/xSGx3HSjKDo)

That of course does not work when cyclists are arses about it.

5 Likes

I mean, you’d THINK that “common sense” would prevail and that it would be obvious to the point that additional signage specifically stating handicap execptions, but I’ve met humans before.

2 Likes

This guy with his “who the fuck are you? Not on my trail” nonsense. This is why people hate bikes and bikers. There’s a distinct percentage of assholes amongst this group that I wish could be banned from riding ever again. The roads aren’t yours exclusively and neither are the trails.

As far as I’m concerned… Go get the park ranger and let him scold or fine me, otherwise you have ZERO authority to do anything but be a gate keeping asshole.

So much pearl clutching over “his” little trail. I ride horseback through here and have been for 40 years. There was a time when my these trails were for horses only so… why don’t you get your bike the fuck off “my” trial first? Those knobby tires sure do allot of damage.

Oh and the gentleman in the “chair” if you’re up for it I’ll set you up with our best horse. He’ll take great care of ya. If not we’ll then enjoy the trial sir. Just give the horses some space and don’t make too much noise. Oh wait its electric and nearly silent. All good then. I’m off to have my horse shit on MTN bike guy and piss on his spokes.

2 Likes

Good pic of a typical trail sign thanks because if you notice the horse comes first? These are my trails. /s

As a someone who rides public trails on horseback, we’ve had to learn to embrace MTN bikes (we even share some trails with dirtbikes and quads but generally avoid them because they spook even good horses) as the park opened some trails to them and now the MTN bike gatekeepers will have to do the same as well as the park service as things continue to evolve. I don’t see a problem with electric bikes exactly and certainly the handicapped gentleman deserves to enjoy trails as much as anyone. I don’t see why 4 wheels makes a difference. My horse has 4 hooves.

If the park service needs to post clear rules they should, but really we need to learn how to leave this shit up tot he park rangers and accept that as “trail riders” we aren’t the gatekeepers or the law enforcers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.