Watch: Annoyed orangutan at zoo grabs gentleman who jumped the guardrail, all for the 'gram

Everybody thinks they can take on a tarsier, until the lights go out…

Primate Tarsier GIF

15 Likes

Or until they trick you into feeding them after midnight.

11 Likes

I’m surprised the guy just didn’t let it have his shirt…
(She writes, while sitting safely not being grabbed by an Orang,…)

7 Likes

Holy crap, you are right about that. That was a close call.

5 Likes

giphy

“Orangutans are very strong apes, around five to seven times stronger than humans . They can lift up to 500 pounds, which is about three times their own body weight. Orangutans also have a strong bite force – around 575 PSI – almost four times the bite force of a human and only slightly lower than that of a lion.”

11 Likes

That simian certainly made a monkey out of his relative.

Interestingly, in bahasa orang means orangatan, whilst orang-orang means people.

4 Likes

This is just slightly annoyed for an orangutan. When they’re totally fed up they just drive off.

7 Likes

I am shocked that Vicroads allowed that sort of language on a license plate!

6 Likes

Honestly, it took me a couple of seconds to figure out who was doing the apologising.

5 Likes

It’s not that bad - maybe you’re thinking of “ookook”?

6 Likes
2 Likes

There is a bit in a book I read, I think it was by Gavin Maxwell; where he is looking after a lemur for a friend (as you do), and he almost died when the critter accidentally opened up one of the arteries in his leg with its super sharp claws. He didn’t feel anything, and only realized something was wrong, when his leg collapsed under him in the bathroom, and he noticed there was blood spaying everywhere. So I wouldn’t feel too safe around Pygmy Marmosets, either. I mean, they’ve survived this far; they’ve got to have something going for them.

Indeed, they weight hundreds of pounds and can dangle their entire weight off a single finger without effort.

“Sorry, dude.”

8 Likes

True. There may not be any vital arteries in your fingers but I’ll bet these guys could scurry up a pant leg and find some weak points before you had time to react.

9 Likes

Aw, they are soooooo cute :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

It would be literally the most adorable “how did they die” story ever!
If that happens to me, I want a picture of a pigmy marmoset next to my own at the funeral/wake.

5 Likes

To scale, or do you want to represent the marmoset as a kaiju?

King Kong Reaction GIF by Xbox

3 Likes

I suspect this is a rhetorical question, but I would want it blown up so the marmoset’s face was the same size as mine, but with something for scale, like the fingers in the photo posted above. Maybe a bottle of bourbon, you know, to stay on theme :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.