Watch as Fox News rips off Michael Moore and Canada’s great gift to comedy: John Candy in “Canadian Bacon”

Originally published at: Watch as Fox News rips off Michael Moore and Canada's great gift to comedy: John Candy in "Canadian Bacon" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

TIL that Michael Moore directed Canadian Bacon. Huh.

15 Likes

If anything I would think Canadians would be the ones worried about the potential of dangerous Americans sneaking across the border.

26 Likes

TIL, wrote it, too. He should explore his roots in farce. Far less depressing than his documentary work.

12 Likes

Compagno can make this claim all she likes, but we know Republicans want to stop movement in the other direction. They can’t let women and transgender people escape their tyranny.

25 Likes

When we’re dealing with a propaganda machine, I think we should be paying more attention to what they’re trying to distract their audience from.

The border is monitored:

13 Likes

30 Likes

There is just as much violence and lunacy happening within the U.S. border as coming from other countries (because FOX wants you to focus on the “murderers and rapists”).

brooklyn nine nine dumb ass GIF

13 Likes

Last I was aware Boeing was behind the US effort.

2 Likes

Canadian Bacon was really a remarkable parody of filmmaking. Michael Moore was able to round up an incredible roster of stars which helped to carry the film to absurd heights. John Candy is great, but Stephen Wright’s sudden appearance was an absolute comic highlight in the film. I heard that certain people did not want it to be seen as John Candy’s last film, as it is a bit of a mockery of filmmaking, neither refined or sophisticated. But seriously, I loved it almost as much is Spaceballs, and that’s coming from a Canadian.

4 Likes

At about the same time, Moore was doing a slightly different version of the same joke on TV Nation, where he got people to illegally cross the border into the US and asked the border staff why they weren’t being arrested, and could it be because they were white middle-class professionals…

6 Likes

Oddly enough, that’s not what FOB stands for.

12 Likes

Warning! Empty post!

5 Likes

3 Likes

And somehow managed to blame Joe Biden for the lack of a fortified boundary.

Let me guess (I’m not gonna watch that garbage) – the Fox lady failed to mention that roughly 25,000-40,000 people a year cross illegally into Canada from the US each year? The range is wide because sources disagree wildly on this. It isn’t something that is well tracked.

We had a new record last month at a popular crossing in rural Quebec- nearly 5000 in December alone (possibly- sources disagree on the number, which, again, isn’t tracked well).

When Trump was elected, asylum-seekers jumped by ten fold. Montreal had to repurpose a stadium to hold them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.