Julián Castro shuts down Megan McCain's 'lawless border' talking points

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/28/julian-castro-shuts-down-megan.html

12 Likes

In speaking with people who watch Fox and truly believe this load of crap, I’ve found it useful to ask for actual examples of any Democrat who believes in open borders, or any evidence of the vast Democratic conspiracy, or any Democrat who can’t accept that Hillary lost the election or…

17 Likes

Megan McCain gets a lesson on how talking points aren’t actually real.

Unfortunately it’s not a lesson she’s going to learn. It would be against her financial and career interests to do so.

33 Likes

After her way-too-sincere send-off to Dana Loesch on Twitter, It’s hard to believe she’s got much more blood to wring out the “Daughter of the Last Distinguished Politician” rock…

16 Likes

tumblr_pg91nhMNt81raoevc_250

22 Likes

You were at my closed border Megan…

10 Likes

“Example? All of them! What kind of traitor are you, anyway?”

I don’t know how to engage someone that disconnected.

13 Likes

During the first debate and here too, the questions and (in the debate) many of the answers presumed that crossing a border is an inherently illegal act, by some unwritten natural law, regardless of whether it’s actually illegal by statute. As if you could print out pi to a billion trillion digits until it becomes all 1’s and 0’s, interpret as binary ASCII, and find the hidden message from the builders of the universe that border-crossing is illegal. It’s weird to me that people have this attitude.

19 Likes

Absolutely right. She responded to his starting that there would still be repercussions by asking how could people support him if there were no repercussions

4 Likes

Bravo whoever caught Ms. McCain’s gag reflex kicking in while Julian Castro speaks about treating other human beings fairly.

13 Likes
  1. She knows that she’s never going to vote for a Democrat- she’s publicly stated so.

2. How does someone this effin dumb get a job interviewing Presidential candidates?

11 Likes

I find most people who use those talking points don’t care one way or the other whether its true or even plausible. They are just trying to troll others.

4 Likes

If these idiots don’t want “open borders” they should really re-think living in a country where the landlocked national borders are (not including Alaskan/Canadian) ~7500 miles long. In fact, they should have their heads checked for even thinking it possible to control an immensity like that. Perhaps they could move to, oh, I don’t know, Monaco. Chances are a lot of them have get-aways there already anyway.

6 Likes

Easy. She ticks so many of the right (Right) boxes:

• Spawn of a famous Republican
  • Spawn of a “war hero”
  • Blonde
  • Perpetually outraged
  • Effin dumb
23 Likes

It’s important that outspoken right wing women in entertainment be loud and demanding, but they cannot upstage men in talent at any time or else part of the base gets testy about it. She’s just right for that role.

10 Likes

What an empty headed bitch.

And I’d say that if it were a man either way. Being bitchy and stupid knows no gender.

3 Likes

Predictably, right wing sources are describing this as “Megan McCain Schools Julian Castro.”

6 Likes

here’s to hoping his position helps shift the democratic debate and the solutions.

giving more money to cbp and ice as they just agreed to isn’t the solution.

it seems they’ve all forgotten that the “crisis” is manufactured. that there wouldn’t be a need for more money if dhs stopped arresting the parents of these kids. if dhs stopped jailing to kids and transferred them to health and human services as they are legally obligated.

9 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes